Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Beauty Tips!

Every now & then, I like to do beauty tips :)

I came across a  post on Cocoandcreme.com about 5 foods that'll make one look fab.

I already knew about some of these things, like the oatmeal and the brown sugar,and the mayo, I used to do them all, but I've gotten lazy -_-

Here's a paraphrase of the info posted on the site:


✩ Brown Sugar
    Helps with ingrown hairs and body breakouts, as well as smooth rough skin
    Add jojoba or olive oil to some brown sugar, and massage into skin, then rinse.
    (In the past, I've used this to also do a lip scrub, via Tyra Banks)
✩ Oatmeal and Honey
    Can be used for breakouts and oily skin
    Do twice a week
    Mix 1/4 c oatmeal, 1/2 c water, 2 tsp honey
    Apply to face for 15min, and wash off with warm water.
✩ Apple Cider Vinegar
    For dull hair and buildup, as it restores shine to hair and removes hard-to-
    remove products
    Mix 1 part water and 1 part apple cider vinegar
    Apply to hair after a shampoo. Leave in for 15min then rinse with cold water to
    seal the shaft.
✩ Mayo
    Mayonnaise is rich in oils and fatty acids, and is good for dry, brittle hair.
    Dampen hair, and apply thick layer of REAL mayo from roots to ends.
    Comb through hair and leave in for 20min, shampoo and rinse.



I also know that rosemary is also good for your hair, supposedly supposed to help with hair growth. In fact yesterday, I set some rosemary in boiled water to draw out its "magical powers". I'm gonna try to mix it with some mayo to create a hair mask or something for myself... I'm really really tryna see if my hair can grow some! If it grows to at least my shoulders, I'll be so happy haha!