Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

It's Just Sex. No Emotions.

It seems as if there is a growing turnout of films such as Friends with Benefits and No Strings Attached coming out, which play on the friends with benefits, 'it's just sex' type of lifestyle that some people live. I think this FWB lifestyle is becoming an increasingly growing phenom, with more and more men AND women not wanting to be in actual relationships. They just want someone to fuck, maybe cuddle with, and will go home afterwards. Basically no strings attached, an agreement of not seeking a relationship.

Now. I don't participate in these this type of behavior/relationship [I'm not sexually active], and even though it's my blog and I say what I want, I'm not necessarily here to condemn anyone who has FWBs. Personally, I believe that this isn't a good lifestyle. And with all these films coming out, which glorify this topic, what does it say about our culture? Is it saying that we cannot as a people deal with monogamous relationships? After look at the divorce rate in the country! What does this also possibly say us other than our love lives? Can it also say that the Americans do not believe in meaningful relationships; as in how does this play out politically and otherwise? How is it that the world views us?