Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Balmain Men's SS 2012

I've probably mentioned before that Balmain is one of my favorite, if not favorite, designers. I love the way that designers behind the name always give a rock n roll edge to the pieces. At least, that's for the women's line; I have never ventured to the men's line, until this week.

So! I found the Balmain SS '12 Men's lookbook on Selectism, a sister/brother site to HighSnobiety, and I was just loving the laid-backism of the collection.I took a particular liking to the jackets, which are structured and tailored quite nicely. They're dressed down in the lookbook, but I can def see them pair with a dressier outfit.

Mmmmm yes. Let me see a man wearing one of these pieces! Oh gawd!

These were some of my favorite looks:






Gotta have the tux jackets. Wouldn't be surprised if someone like Kanye rocked one of these.




Bring it on with the textured jackets too!



I wasn't too crazy bout these looks:
These pants are just too fitted towards the ankle for me..
What's the deal with bubble vests/jackets? Are they still in style?
I think this look only works for certain people...
photos via Selectism

What's your take on the collection?